2008年6月、12月ACCA F6（United Kingdom）考试真题及答案
Monday 2 June 2008
National insurance contributions
(not contracted out rates)
Class 1 Employee £1 – £5,225 per year Nil
£5,226 – £34,840 per year 11·0
£34,841 and above per year 11·0
Class 1 Employer £1 – £5,225 per year Nil
£5,226 and above per year 12·8
Class 1A 12·8
Class 2 £2·20 per week
Class 4 £1 – £5,225 per year Nil
£5,226 – £34,840 per year 8·0
£34,841 and above per year 1·0
Rates of interest
ALL FIVE questions are compulsory and MUST be attempted
1 Sam and Kim White are a married couple. Sam is aged 36 and Kim is aged 38. The following information is available
for the tax year 2007-08:
(1) Sam is self-employed running a retail clothing shop. His profit and loss account for the year ended 5 April 2008
is as follows:
Note £ £
Gross profit 140,300
Motor expenses 2 8,800
Patent royalties 3 700
Professional fees 4 1,860
Other expenses 5 71,340
Net profit 50,000
(2) During the year ended 5 April 2008 Sam drove a total of 25,000 miles, of which 5,000 miles were driven when
he visited his suppliers in Europe. The balance of the mileage is 25% for private journeys and 75% for business
journeys in the United Kingdom.
(3) During the year ended 5 April 2008 Sam paid patent royalties of £700 (gross) in respect of specialised
technology that he uses when altering clothes for customers.
(4) The figure for professional fees consists of £1,050 for legal fees in connection with an action brought against a
supplier for breach of contract and £810 for accountancy. Included in the figure for accountancy is £320 in
respect of personal capital gains tax advice for the tax year 2006-07.
(5) The figure for other expenses of £71,340 includes £560 for gifts to customers of food hampers costing £35 each
and £420 for gifts to customers of pens carrying an advertisement for the clothing shop costing £60 each.
(6) Sam uses one of the eight rooms in the couple’s private house as an office for when he works at home. Th
running costs of the house for the year ended 5 April 2008 were £5,120. This cost is not included in th
and loss account expenses of £90,300.
(7) Sam uses his private telephone to make business telephone calls. The total cost of the private telephone
year ended 5 April 2008 was £1,600, and 25% of this related to business telephone calls. The cost of the
telephone is not included in the profit and loss account expenses of £90,300.
(8) During the year ended 5 April 2008 Sam took goods out of the clothing shop for his personal use without
for them and no entry has been made in the accounts to record this. The goods cost £820, and had a
price of £1,480.
(9) The tax written down values for capital allowance purposes at 6 April 2007 were as follows:
General pool 14,800
Expensive motor car 20,200
The expensive motor car is used by Sam.